Remembrances - A Spanish Journey - Gregg Nestor - Guitar
- To order this CD click the red ADD TO CART button above.
- To order the Digital Download click the shopping cart icon below.
Nowadays the classical guitar is truly international with performers and composers from around the world being involved in the development of its repertoire. Yet at the heart of the instrument’s appeal, Spanish music continues to fascinate players and public. In particular, the many pieces written by Iberian composers inspire a charismatic enchantment. Yet even beyond the orbit of Maestro Segovia’s creative presence, there is a hinterland of Spanish works equally imaginative and alluring.
1. Sonata by Mateo Albéniz (trans. Emilio Pujol)
SUITE: PLATERO Y YO Eduardo Sáinz de la Maza
3. El Loco
4. La Azotea
7. La Tortuga
8. La Muerte
9. A Platero en su tierra
10. Nocturno by Federico Moreno Torroba
11. Fandanguillo by Joaquín Turina
HOMMAGE À TÁRREGA Joaquín Turina
DOS MINIATURES by María Esteban de Valera
14. Nana (trans. Andrés Segovia)
16. FANTASÍA - SONATA, Op. 22 Joan Manén
Largo • Allegro • Andante cantabile • Allegro assai • Doppio piú lento (Andante)
17. Mallorca (Barcarola), Op. 202, B.41 by Isaac Albéniz (trans. Andrés Segovia)
18. Córdoba, Op. 232, No. 4 by Isaac Albéniz (trans. John Williams)