Violin Preparatory Level Repertoire
Pieces in a Slower Tempo:
- In Ancient Times - Birston, Harold
- On Tiptoe - Archer, Violet
- Berceuse - Blachford, Frank
- Nightingale - Colledge, Hugh and Katherine Colledge
- Posme - de Keyser, Paul
- Canon - Hayes, Philip, arr. Paul de Keyser
- Song - Rose, Michael
- The Climb Up Mount Royal - Coulthard, Jean
Pieces in a Faster Tempo:
- Konop (The Old City) - Moravian folk song, arr. Leo Janacek
- Playing Ball - French melody, arr. Stephen Chatman
- The Old Womand and the Peddler - arr. Akiko Kinney
- Quirk - Carol Barratt
- The Old Jalopy - Birston, Harold
- The Subway Train - Ethridge, Jean
- Knickerbocker Glory - Colledge, Hugh and Katherine Colledge
- Tap Dance - Edward Huws Jones
- Pony Trot - Krasev, A.
- Flag Dance - Nelson, Sheila M.
- March - Rose, Michael
This comprehensive series for violin includes a sound and progressive collection of Repertoire, Compact Discs, Technique and Etudes, and Orchestral Excerpts for the aspiring virtuoso. Carefully selected and edited to support teachers and students in their artistic and technical development, the pieces in this series provide an engaging compilation of music from all major style periods. Nine volumes of Violin Repertoire will inspire and excite students of all ages.
Reflecting a broad range of styles, this collection includes the works of well-known composers such as Bartok, Dvorak, Piazzolla, and Vaughan Williams, along with compositions and arrangements by contemporary violin pedagogues to extend the musical palette. Quality recordings by some of North America's finest violinists and accompanists are included with the purchase of each Repertoire book. Both performance and accompaniment only tracks for each Repertoire selection offer students a model for performance practice and the convenience of accompanied rehearsal at home.